These are in stock now!
Price is for the steel supercore only! Please email us if you need a turbine housing added, or an aluminum CHRA.
Price is for the supercore ONLY.
The largest and highest power EFR turbo ever created – EFR9280 is a brand new release for 2019 from BorgWarner Turbo Systems. EFR9280 uses a massive 73.7mm inducer and is intended for applications which will push a turbo to the limit. This unique turbo was designed specifically by BW engineering to combine the high flowing 91mm compressor exducer with 73.7mm compressor inducer and the massive swallowing capacity their 80mm turbine can deliver in a wide variety of turbine housings. Using the same 80mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel from the EFR9180, this turbo flows a remarkable 110lbs/min of air at the same 117k RPM maximum shaft speed.
- Larger compressor wheel inducer diameters increase air flow for increased power capabilities
- New anodized compressor wheels shaped to maximize flow and new compressor covers to match the contour of the new wheels
- Along with increasing the wheel size, the compressor wheel blade shape and contour have been optimized to maximize flow while minimizing efficiency hits. BorgWarner also created a distinct compressor cover contour profile to maximize the air flow through the turbocharger. The new compressor wheels have been anodized black for visual impact and to differentiate the new models from existing EFR Series products. With the design changes to the compressor wheel and cover, the company’s latest aftermarket parts will provide up to an extra 200 horsepower (hp) than was previously possible when they are released later this year.
- For those seeking higher power, BorgWarner’s new EFR 8474, EFR 9274 and EFR 9280 super-cores have compressor wheel inducer diameters between four and six millimeters larger than its existing EFR 8374, EFR 9174 and EFR 9180 products.
Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
Compressor Wheel Inducer: 73.7mm
Max Flow Rate: 110 lb/min
Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated compressor recirculation valve ( block off plates available if not desired)
Compressor Housing Connections:
Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option( requires cutting for vband option)
Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (mates to standard 3″ V-Band) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
A shaft speed sensor is needed for high level boost pressure on all 80mm EFR turbochargers. Shaft speeds cannot be exceeded or damage will occur.
Aluminum supercore part # 12807100003
Iron supercore part #12807100005